In Response to Bank Crisis, CUES Launches Safe and Sound: Resources for Financial Stability
MADISON, Wis.—Talent development leader CUES has launched Safe and Sound: Resources for Financial Stability to support credit unions in response to the recent bank crisis.
"The industry’s leaders know they can turn to CUES for support as they navigate the financial landscape, no matter what the current situation is,” said Jerry Saalsaa, CUES Interim CEO & SVP/CAO. “Although credit unions are required to maintain a much higher level of capital than banks, and are more restricted than banks in other areas such as the types of investments they can make and the percentage of business loans they can maintain in their portfolios, our side of the industry still stands to learn a lot from the event.”
To help credit unions avoid similar situations as the banks, Safe and Sound: Resources for Financial Stability includes collections of:
• Strategic planning and board oversight resources
• Recent CU Management™ magazine pieces about the crisis
• Curated content from other resources, offering perspectives from outside the industry
• A collection of insights from CFO Focus, a monthly CU Management column
• CUES educational resources, such as CUES School of Business Lending, CUES Governance Leadership Institute and CUES Governance Leadership Institute II: Emerging Technologies
“We’ll continue to add content to Safe and Sound: Resources for Financial Stability, offering an ongoing resource for the industry,” said Saalsaa.
To learn more about CUES, visit cues.org.
CUES is the leading talent development solutions provider for credit unions in North America. We educate, develop and support credit union CEOs, executives, directors, and emerging leaders through partnerships with premier business schools, live and online events, digital learning, networking, and premium content. With over 42,000 members and growing, we measure success one leader at a time.